Happy Family History Month!

 Hello!  

I have finally found some time to get back to my research!  

I was inspired by the Florida Genealogy Society- Tampa annual seminar last week. I haven't missed the seminar since I moved to FL in 2013. I don't attend the regular meeting often as the are in Tampa and I hate driving there. I have been impressed by the quality of speakers this seminar attracts and this year was not exception. I was especially pleased that the program was all virtual and featured my favorite podcast host, Diana Elder and Nicole Dyer of Research Like a Pro. It was a great day! Diana and Nicole are both great speakers and explain their methods well. I was motivated to pick up my copy of their new book and dive right in to their DNA class. 

If have not yet listened to Diana and Nicole you are really missing out.  In addition to the podcast, they offer two great online classes, Research Like a Pro and Research Like a Pro with DNA. I was proud of the research and work I was able to accomplish with the RLAP class that I did in 2020. It was a great distraction from COVID for me and it was a great triumph for me to write a research paper! 

I have also found motivation in a new society. Well, new to me anyway. This summer I participated in IGHR's New York Resources class and I was happy to connect with the newly elected President of the Westchester County Genealogy Society, Michelle Tororsian.  

Michelle encouraged participants to check out the virutal programming the society is offering and I was happy to! I have attended September and October's meetings and learned a great deal from the speakers and was happy to meet friendly genealogists with interest in the Hudson Valley. I have sent in my registration form and I look forward to next month's offering.  

Finally, in additon to working on my own research, my genealogy pal at ELCL Lois and I have been making an effort to offer more to the patrons.  Our podcast is still chugging along, we completed three episodes this summer, most recently we featured our patron Terry and learned all about her amazing trip to Ireland and Scotland.  Give it a listen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuM_d6mwMqE




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The War of the Roses

Elizabeth Cassidy Schuler

Thanks & Giving