Seeking Help

Yesterday, I planned on searching the probate records that  Ancestry had been heavily advertising over the Labor Day weekend.  Something sidetracked me and I started searching for records of my great grandmother Olga Poyhonen (spelling very fluid) and I came across a small article in the Monessen, Pa Valley Independent newspaper from July 13, 1981.  

 Seeking Help- the article was captioned and the author was indeed looking for my great grandmother or her family.  The author of this article, a woman in Montana was quoted as saying, "this is very important to me."  

The surprise of this person being out there (in Montana of all places) and searching for us since 1981, is one of the reasons I love family tree research.   I was hoping this woman was still alive and after a quick search found her address.  I wrote off a quick letter and hope to hear from her soon. 

What are our connections?  I wonder what information she may have that could help me fill in the many missing pieces where Olga Poyhonen is concerned.  Could she perhaps be able to direct me to Olga's hometown in Finland?  I will mail my letter tomorrow full of hope and promise.  This is very important to me as well.  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The War of the Roses

Elizabeth Cassidy Schuler

Thanks & Giving