Annie Clark and William Schuler



On this day, February 17 in 1901 my great grandparents Annie Clark of Haverstraw Village and William Schuler of Congers were married at St Peter's Church. I love to think of them walking down the aisle at the church I visited so many times as a girl. 

 This is a clipping from the Rockland County Times.  I have been very lucky to find so many great and family history related clippings at the Hudson River Valley Heritage Historical Newspapers Database, available through the New City Library website.  It is a treasure trove of information! I am grateful to have access to it.  

While the clipping claims they were going to live in Congers, they lived in Haverstraw and raised their seven children there.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The War of the Roses

Elizabeth Cassidy Schuler

Thanks & Giving